Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy new year! Can you believe it's 2011? I hope you all had a great holiday.

I had so much champagne, I'm addicted - ok, so this isn't much of a surprise but I tried blanc de blancs champagne for the first time and fell in love! 100% chardonnay (made with one grape, not with the usual three) and it is so light and refreshing. I will be trying all blanc de blancs that I can get my hands on! At the top of my list is this one by Ruinart...


We entertained a lot in our new home. I was very pleased that we got to use our new fine bone china - yes, I have spent the last two months buying plates! I never thought it could be fun but I've discovered that I can get quite excited about this. I have yet to buy these (for soup / pasta): they cost about 50 EUR / 45 GBP / 70 USD each (ouch!) and I need at least eight...


I also cooked quite a bit and it went well, thank goodness! There is always something nerve-wracking about cooking for guests... what if it goes wrong?! But when it's a success, it is very satisfying. I've decided I want to cook more, so I am looking forward to working my way through the new Jamie Oliver cookbook, 30-Minute Meals! Love the layout, it makes sense to me! Here is a random example.


Oh, I found a brand new NARS blush (deep throat) that I'd bought back in September! Still in its packaging and completely untouched. I think this is the ultimate proof that I have too much make-up...


And how many of you are thinking of dieting / detoxing? I've already bought my new fitness DVD (not yet opened. Soon, I swear).

No comments:

Post a Comment