Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My trip to Norway (part 1)


Hi, I'm back! I told you I was going away for a couple of days... well, I was in Oslo! The sun was shining, the seafood was delicious and I had a really nice time. I wanted to share some of my photos... so here we go.

There was still Eurovision fever (hosted by Norway this year)... at the airport.


This is the Royal Palace. I was really surprised that there were no gates... just a couple of guards dotted around the place. You could walk right up to the building and touch it (not that I did). I guess Oslo is so safe that there is no need for Buckingham Palace-type security.


All of the locals were making the most of the amazing weather - grilling, picnicking and partying outside!


We had coffee and ice cream at the supposedly famous Grand Café. There was a moment of confusion when a group of people carrying the Swedish flag paraded past (remember we were in neighbouring Norway) - I still don't know what it was about! (let me know if you do!)


The highlight was dinner. We went to an amazing seafood restaurant called Solsiden. It's apparently only open in summer (at least at this location). The view was fantastic and the food was absolutely gorgeous. If you're ever in Oslo, you should definitely go there. We still managed dessert and a sip of Aquavit afterwards.


To be continued tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment