Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to Bobbi basics

How important is concealer to your everyday make-up routine? I go through phases, depending on the foundation I'm wearing. At the moment, as I'm into the natural look, I use MAC's Face and Body foundation in C3 (in summer I wear C4), so I need to wear concealer. I was getting bored and dissatisfied with the ones from Laura Mercier and MAC so I've switched back to Bobbi Brown.

It's a bit of a hassle having to apply two layers but I stick to what they advise: I pat on the pinkish corrector in Bisque first (this neutralises the bluishness), then the concealer in Warm Beige. A lot of the Bobbi girls I used to work with loved Bisque, even though they were lighter skinned. It's definitely worth a try, if you're not familiar with it.

Top: Bobbi Brown's corrector in Bisque and concealer in Warm Beige.
Bottom: Also from Bobbi the concealer kit in Natural.

I usually prefer to use Laura Mercier's secret brightening powder to set concealer but I had to get one of the new concealer kits, which includes Bobbi's recommended powder in pale yellow. The colour of this concealer is Natural, which is a bit darker - for summer.

What's your favourite concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment