Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, November 15, 2010

Magazines... and Elle's Beauty Awards 2010

Did you have a good weekend? I was really lazy and just read magazines. The freebies this month weren't that interesting (Marie Claire included a bracelet - handmade by Kenyan Artisans using recycled / sustainable materials - www.made.uk.com, and InStyle offered Como Shambhala aromatherapy products.)


I haven't read all of them yet but they are packed with Christmas gift ideas as well as lists of the best beauty products... I thought you might be interested in Elle's beauty awards for 2010.

The winners are:
- Liz Earle cleanse & polish
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
- Vivienne Westwood Boudoir
- Jean-Paul Gaultier Classique
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm (Tried it, hated it.)
- L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Express Pro Self-Tanning Dry Mist
- Moroccanoil Treatment
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (I tried this a long time ago and didn't like it. Smells weird.)
- Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (It's good but is it that good? I prefer Chanel Inimitable Intense.)
- Nars The Multiple
- Chanel No 19 (I didn't even know there was a no. 19.)
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (Yes, I agree. I use this every night.)
- Sisley Emulsion Ecologique
- Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Creme
- Sudocrem (Yes yes yes! I wanted to do a separate post on this.)

(Click to enlarge)

I'm not particularly impressed with their list of "winners". Are you?

On a personal note... I found out last night that a good friend of mine collapsed at home and was taken to the hospital. They found some bleeding in the head and I don't like the sound of that... They don't know what the problem is yet. We are so worried... and hoping that it's nothing too serious. 
This could also happen to any of us.... let's not forget to be grateful for all that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment