Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sir Charlie Stinky Socks

I love books. I think it would be more sensible to borrow books from a library but there's just something about having my own collection. In recent years I have been focusing on children's books; we have seriously gone from nil to a small library. How do I justify this? Books are educational. And I plan on keeping them for my grandchildren!

One of our current favourites:

Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Really Big Adventure by Kristina Stephenson 
This is an exciting and slightly scary book (great for boys) about a brave little knight who comes across beasties, a dragon and a witch. He doesn't fight them, though, you see. He's got better methods, such as singing a lullaby, sharing sandwiches or offering a drink. 

Look inside...
Included are some huge flaps. 



Sure, it's an entertaining book, but what makes it even better is the CD. I think this is so well done, with fun music, great sound effects and it's read convincingly. As if that weren't enough, the CD also contains songs and games.

Love the name, too: Sir Charlie Stinky Socks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment