Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The great big MAC Pret-a-Papier haul and review

This is one of those times when I think, "It's a good thing my husband doesn't read my blog!"... because I ended up getting quite a few things from MAC (and not just what's in the photo!). Here is the Pret-a-Papier collection.


Let's start.
I adore blush. Especially in pink, coral and sometimes also bronze (but not plum, for example). So no surprise here that I had to get both Instant Chic (a pink coral sheertone) and Light over Dark, which is a two-toned mineralize blush. Light over Dark could be used as eyeshadow, too, by the way.

In the swatch, Instant Chic is on the left. It swatched nicely but it's quite sheer when applied to the cheeks with a brush (as you will see in a different swatch). It's a pretty colour. Quite matte.

Then we have Light over Dark. In the middle, the light colour on top, the darker colour on the bottom, and swirled together is the colour on the right. You need to apply this with a light hand because it is well pigmented. I like the colour - perfect for those sunny summer days - and the shimmer that you always get with the mineralize blushes.


Here is another swatch, this time applied with a brush (131) over Studio Sculpt foundation in NC30. In the photo below, Instant Chic looks plum. The colour in the photo above is more accurate.



* * *

I got two (lustre) lipsticks, both perfect for spring/summer. Dressmaker, Dressmaker is a beautiful, soft pink coral that blends in nicely with the rest of the face and make-up (if you know what I mean); I love it. Made to Order is a deeper coral. It's absolutely wearable. They're both incredibly pretty.

Made to Order (L) and Dressmaker, Dressmaker (R)

* * *

I only got one eyeshadow, Tissueweight (frost). It is a... pink beige, perhaps? It would make a good highlighter, depending on your skintone. It is not as pink as it looks in this photo.


I swatched Tissueweight with some like colours (all from MAC). It's like a pinkier version of Shroom.

L to R: Tissueweight, Jest, Naked Lunch, Shroom

* * *

I also got the Paint Pot in coral crepe. This is brighter than I thought. I tried sheering it out but this is about as sheer as it will get (without using anything to dilute it or anything).


Here it is again (referring to the swatches below). The lighting is different.

Top picture: swatched on its own again. It actually makes a pretty blush!

Middle: combined with Tissueweight eyeshadow. Not really a combination I like.

Bottom: combined with Mythology eyeshadow. Now this is pretty! First I swatched Mythology on its own. It's hardly visible but to be fair, it's without a base. Below it, I applied it over coral crepe and look how nice that is. It goes well with Smut, for example.



* * *

I decided to get the chromagraphic pencil after I read it was safe for the waterline. It's very soft and easy to blend. I tried NW15/NW20 but for me it was too light on the waterline and obvious - just like those white pencils that have always been on the market. I got NW25/NC30 and it looks more natural.


* * *

The nail lacquer, Originality, is a frosty gold. When I first saw it, I got excited because I thought it was similar to Mercenary (Style Warriors collection). But Mercenary is a deeper bronze, which - to be honest - I prefer to the much more golden Originality.

I did not get the other nail lacquer from this collection - I thought it was just a blah brown, rather ugly.

Top row: Originality.
Bottom row: Originality and Mercenary. (Thumb: Mercenary)


And that's it!
Sorry this was such a long post but I hope that was useful. Do let me know what you plan on getting and then how you like them when you get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment