Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"I would die without lemons"



What do you do with your lemons, once you've squeezed out the juice?

Mine usually end up in the bin (feeling guilty now) because I can't be bothered to keep them for peeling later etc. They would just take up valuable space in the fridge. 

I was quite surprised (but nodded with approval) to read that Jamie Oliver peels the zest from every single lemon that he squeezes, and I'm sure that's a lot. He continues:

"The zest can be dried out in a dish then used in a curry or meat rub. Or mix it with dried lavender to make potpourri, then put it in a bag and keep it in a drawer with your clothes."

I like the potpourri idea. Let me know if you get round to trying it. 

Check out his magazine(s) for more tips and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment