Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mini update: White leather is out

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my Mini. Most of you said that the white leather would be a problem: high maintenance, hard to keep white, eventually the inevitable patina. Although I knew this, a part of me was still attracted to those 'limited edition' seats in black and white (with pretty turquoise stitching! do you see?), and I had several sleepless nights agonising over the decision.

We went to the showroom again and looked more carefully at the car. We've been so many times but we see something different and important every time we go there! This time we instantly zoomed in on the seats and... look what's happened to the white leather. I swear they weren't half as 'dirty' when we went last time so I was surprised.


Hence I have decided to go for black leather seats. This is the most sensible choice. I won't get so stressed out trying to keep them clean. And I will be able to continue wearing blue/black jeans - for a while I was thinking I might have to ditch all dark clothes and make white my new black (that would help keep white leather seats white).


There has been a new 'development', though, so it's not a straightforward 'I've chosen alternative one' (Mini Cooper + integrated navigation system + leather seats). Once we've ordered it - hopefully this week! - I'll be back with details!

No comments:

Post a Comment