Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Relax on 8820 spikes?!

When you first come across this curious thing, you're likely to touch it with your fingers or hand. Ouch!

But the yantra mat promises better sleep, more energy, stress and pain relief. Sold!

Anything, I thought, that will improve blood circulation and reduce backaches. Even if it means lying down on 8,820 spikes!


Apparently this is based on the ancient healing art of acupressure and improves blood flow by stimulating various parts of the body.

After 10-20 minutes of lying on the mat, I have a pretty pattern of 'holes' in my back. But it feels great. Since starting this, my chronic shoulder-arm-back pains have almost completely disappeared. I have had these pains for YEARS! And I have never been able to get rid of them.

Sometimes I even fall asleep on this thing!

It's not just for the back, though. I roll the mat with the spikes on the outside and prop my legs on it. I sit on it. I even stand on it. I also put my head on it to massage the scalp. 

I have become so dependent on this - I use it every day! - that I was happy to read that it travels well, too. All you have to do is take out the foam mat and just pack the spiky cover in your suitcase.

Do be careful when handling the mat. If you accidentally brush your hand or foot against the spikes, you'll get nasty scratches and some bleeding even! (excuse: "It was my cat.")

A very similar mat was featured in the May issue of Tatler:


It's worth trying out! Let me know how you get on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment