Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My latest yoga inspiration

I haven't been doing as much yoga lately as I should / want to be and a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't like the first two chakra DVDs by Maya Fiennes. (It was her detox and de-stress DVD that got me hooked so I've also bought 'A journey through the chakras' on seven DVDs.)

It's not fair to dismiss the second one so quickly, actually, because I've only done the first section. This consists of the Five Tibetans. I start off thinking, "Ha ha, this is so easy" but by the time I've reached the fourth or fifth exercise I'm feeling slightly nauseous. Does this ever happen to you?

I don't want a difficult DVD to put me off yoga, though, so I've turned to another one for now: Yoga for stress relief. This made a magazine's top ten of the best fitness DVDs and it has lots of positive reviews on amazon.


You can choose from 20 routines, depending on your 'issues' and how much time you have (very useful info!). For example: exercises for insomnia issues (35 mins), tension headaches (45 mins), mood uplift (30 mins), anxiety relief (40 mins), indigestion (25 mins)...


The setting couldn't be prettier. In the background you can see white sand, turquoise water and palm trees swaying in the wind (Antigua, apparently).


I wish they had turned up the volume on the music, though - it is far too faint and I can hardly hear it. I also wish it would let us know when a routine has come to an end. I tried out the 20-minute "deep rest" and fell asleep. I don't like to sleep during the day without setting an alarm because... consider my nightmare scenario: I'm snoring away on the floor in front of the TV, whilst my son sits all alone in a dark, empty kindergarten because I forgot to pick him up! 

Can you recommend any other yoga DVDs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment