Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crashing a brand new car

It's been one happy week since I got my new Mini! I have been having so much fun driving around in it and I am thankful for the air conditioning! I was going to post pictures of it but it looks exactly like the one I posted here and right now I am not in the mood.


Why am I shaking and crying as I write this? Well, some stupid woman backed into my brand new car today. I was not injured in any way but my poor car!

We were both stopped before a busy road (no lights), waiting for a chance to drive onto it. I was a good distance away from the car in front. But suddenly the car reverses! It didn't just roll gently, she backed, foot on the accelerator... obviously without looking!

I was really alarmed, hardly believing what I was seeing, and I honked the horn but to no avail. Bang! What on earth?!

The 'explanation': she had suddenly realised the car was on the cycle lane and wanted to make space for a cyclist coming our way.

Actually, she did not speak. Her husband was sitting in the passenger seat and he did all the talking. Anyway, we didn't get on very well, he called me arrogant and rude (because I was on the phone with my husband asking what I should do!), so we called the police. Oh, he also said, "What's the big deal? Things like this happen all the time."

My beautiful car has little but ugly black scratches on the front and the number plate is slightly crumpled. I have two witnesses - they were so nice, thank you - so getting the insurance sorted out should not be a problem. Just a hassle.

I'm so sad.
I don't think I'll be able to do the usual commenting rounds today. Sorry, everyone, please understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment