Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Thai weekend in Europe


I often wish I could fly to Asia for the weekend - think of the great food - but unfortunately it's too far.

This weekend I actually felt like I was on holiday in Thailand. Not only was it sweltering (like a real Thai summer!), I got to enjoy some Thai food that seemed pretty authentic to me.

The papaya salad, for example, was mixed together using this huge wooden pestle and mortar. I admit that I went twice this weekend and the first time I ordered just a 'normal' papaya salad, which was so spicy I started to sweat profusely, my nose became runny and my tongue and lips were on fire! The second time I was quite the wimp and asked for one without extra chillies.


I like the way they used banana leaves as bowls.


I also made the mistake of drinking a cocktail too many in the heat. I collapsed when I got home!


The hot papaya salad made me wonder if Thai children can handle the spiciness. I'm thinking they were probably fed spicy breast milk...!

Can you eat spicy food? Is that because you ate it as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment