Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, March 22, 2010

Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in #7 Genius

Chanel recently launched a new line of lipsticks: the Rouge Coco. This is why I'm reviewing a lipstick from their Rouge Allure line. Hm, that doesn't make sense, does it?

Ok, so all the publicity got me wondering about their lipsticks again. I own several Chanel lipsticks already so I pulled out the most wearable nude (for some reason, all of the others are shades of red). It's a Hydrabase, which is being replaced by the new Rouge Coco line.

I looked at the swatches of the newly launched lipsticks and made a mental note of Mademoiselle, which is what Vanessa Paradis is wearing in the ad. When I finally decided to buy it, it was sold out in two stores that I went to. Looks like I wasn't the only one fooled by the marketing.

But I couldn't simply walk away empty-handed. Whilst contemplating which colour to get, the packaging of the Rouge Allure lipsticks caught my eye. Yes, the packaging. It looks like this.


Here is how to open the lipstick. You have to push one end and then it pops out.


I got Rouge Allure 07 Genius.


It's a pretty coral colour, nice for spring. But it can get quite intensive if you apply too much (see photo below, swatched once lightly on the left and several times on the right).


What bothers me is that it doesn't feel that hydrating. For the first hour or so, it's comfortable but then my lips start to want lip balm. My old Hydrabase lipstick is more hydrating than this. But I'll just wear some lip balm or gloss over it - this will also tone down the colour a bit - and it'll be fine.

Even though I like the chic packaging and the fact that it's Chanel, I'm not convinced I would buy another Rouge Allure. What I do love is the Rouge Allure Laque, which is like liquid lipstick. And of course I'll give the Rouge Coco a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment