Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Favourite hand creams

I have only recently become interested in higher end hand creams. At least, I never used to fuss over them. I used Neutrogena a lot and mainly stuck to the cheaper products. Not anymore.

1. My current favourite is by L'Occitane. I like the small tubes (30ml) and keep them in my handbag. It doesn't take up much space and it's really light; but what's better is that with use, it flattens out and takes up even less space. (Some tubes are one-size only and keep their shape, even when there's nothing left inside. They then become too bulky and I get rid of them as soon as possible.)

I suppose if I had to find something I didn't like about these, it would have to be the screw-on caps. They are so small that I often drop them and that can be annoying.


L'Occitane often does limited edition hand creams so look out for those.

2. Another favourite is the Mani Pedi by Estée Lauder. This is to use at home because you get quite a lot (200ml) for your money. The packaging is nowhere near as nice and the product itself is not as creamy as the L'Occitane stuff so it doesn't feel ultra moisturising. But it's fine for during the day, when you're going to be washing your hands soon afterwards again anyway. I prefer that to having greasy hands. It's also scent free.


3. Another good one that I've tried is Dior's HydrAction hand creme. It comes in a sleek packaging (75ml) that's good for keeping in the handbag and whipping out in front of others (it's Dior, after all). I remember it had a nice fragrance and it was moisturising but not greasy. The thing I mentioned before about certain tubes not shrinking... well, this is an example of that. The Dior packaging stays as it is all the way through to the end. But I would repurchase. In fact, I like it better than EL's Mani Pedi; only the cost factor, in comparison, is a slight issue.

Others:

Estée Lauder's Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting hand cream - this is way too pricey. It's supposed to work magic, like reduce dark spots, but seeing as I don't have any yet, it's a waste of money.

Biotherm - you can also get this in a travel-friendly size. I would say that it's good and smells nice. But it wasn't anything special. I won't be getting this again.

Molton Brown - I'm not counting this as a favourite, I only wanted to mention it because I've use it. You can get a matching hand wash (for your guest bathroom), which is a nice touch. But the hand cream is only so-so. It's definitely not greasy but it could be creamier, for my liking. Make sure you get the one you like the smell of because it can be overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment