Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, March 29, 2010

Got it: Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle

I had the impression that #5 in Mademoiselle was one of the, if not the most popular colour from the new Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick line. Vanessa Paradis does such a convincing job of selling the je ne sais quoi with this that even I had to get my hands on it.

Generally, I'm more into playing up the eyes and going lighter on the lips, so I was worried that Mademoiselle might be too strong a colour. It can be, if you apply several layers - see the swatch on the right - which can be handy for day-to-night transitions. But just one quick swipe or smacking the lips together when applied to the upper lip will give you a healthy-looking stain.


As with any lipstick, you can change the colour and effect with lip gloss. Out of curiosity, I swatched Mademoiselle first on its own (very left), then applied four different MAC lip glosses.



L to R: Chanel #5 Mademoiselle, MAC Lustreglass Love Nectar, Cremesheen Glass Partial to Pink, Dazzleglass Goldyrocks, Dazzleglass Moth to Flame 


I like it best with Love Nectar, which isn't a surprise because it's my favourite gloss. It gives it some shine and deepens the colour a bit but otherwise stays relatively true to the lipstick colour. Partial to Pink is a pink gloss so unsurprisingly it takes Mademoiselle into a girlier category. The last two are just extremely glittery and don't appeal to me. In fact, I don't like the Dazzleglasses anymore, they are too shiny and way too sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment