Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, March 29, 2010

My yoga ritual

Yoga is something I want to enjoy and look forward to doing.... with a little help from these friends.

1. Brew some tea. 
It's always good to drink and I never drink enough. So I make a pot of Aveda's comforting tea.


If you make it right, it can taste really sweet, even though there's no sugar in it. It's still a matter of trial and error for me but it has to do with using the right amount of tea leaves - the more the sweeter. But it's quite an expensive tea so you don't want to use too much. Trying to get the right balance is not easy. Also, infuse for longer and it becomes sweeter.

2. Keep a scented room spray within reach.
I have another product from Aveda.


There are different scented sprays for each of the chakras. I only liked the smell of chakra 2.

There's so much breathing through the nose in Kundalini yoga that it's nice to spray it in the room. I do find that I have to re-spray it every now and then because the scent is quite light and doesn't linger.

3. Have a blanket ready.
I love the fleece blankets from Ikea. Even if you only do the short warm-up sequence, you should relax afterwards - lie on your back in Corpse Pose with eyes closed. My body cools down so I stay warm with a blanket.

4. Music.
Only if I'm not doing a full session (one whole DVD), I like to have my yoga music playlist ready for the relaxation part. It really helps me relax, unwind and not get bored. As Maya Fiennes says in her book, "(relaxation) is when the body processes the information it has received, rests and absorbs the changes and the healing."


All we have to do is make time... maybe that should be number one on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment