Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mini haul: Laura Mercier and Clinique

I would describe my skin type as normal most of the time; not particularly sensitive, nor too dry or too oily. I have relatively good skin - I get spots only on rare occasions. My t-zone tends to get a bit shiny but if I use skincare for combination skin, it's usually not enough and my skin feels tight.

Lately I have really been struggling with oiliness on my forehead, though. To be honest I have always regarded skincare and make-up rather separately, and not really considered: skincare + makeup = effect?

Well, I think it's time to change that. Since my day cream ran out, I've been using one moisturiser for day and night: Resilience Lift Extreme for dry skin from Estée Lauder. This is my first jar of the stuff and I like it. It smells wonderful (passion fruit) and is anti-ageing, which is reassuring. It has SPF 15, which is important for during the day. It's fine to use at night as well because the sun protection isn't activated unless you go out.


But I think it's too rich as a day cream, for me at least. It doesn't matter which foundation or powder I use, my forehead starts to shine after just two hours!

So I went out and got Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I'm planning on using this oil-free gel only on my forehead.


I'm still looking for the perfect loose powder, as well, so I got two. Both are from Laura Mercier: Mineral Finishing Powder in #1 and Loose Setting Powder in Translucent.


I used to have the loose setting powder and liked it so this is a repeat purchase. I'm going to give it another try.

The mineral finishing powder is new to me and there are so many positive reviews out there, I had to get it!

As any effective experiment should be conducted, I will only test one variable at a time! So I shall be starting with the mineral powder first.

No comments:

Post a Comment